BASIC RIGGING COURSE - UEPOPS212A
This unit deals with the skills and knowledge required to undertake rigging work associated with, but not limited to, movement of plant and equipment, in particular hoists, safety nets and static lines, safety screens and shutters.
UEPOPS214A - Perform Dogging Work
Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Applicants must be able to read and comprehend english.
The Basic Rigging Training Plan is based on the Units of Competency within the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF):
UEPOPS201A - Comply with Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Legislation in the Workplace
UEPOPS212A - Perform Basic Rigging Work
WorkSafe Western Australia Certification
- OSH Acts and regulations; Mines Safety Inspection Act and regulations; WorkSafe Code of Practice for Prevention of Falls from Heights.
- Crane type and capacity requirements; Site rules and Contacts; Hazard Identification; Priorities; Emergency Procedures.
- For knots; Bends & Hitches
Movement of Plant & Equipment - Use of chain blocks; chain pullers; wire rope pullers; Knowledge of skids; skates; turnbuckles; purchases; winches; block and tackle; Calculation of loads in a purchase & rope storage; using appropriate formula.
- Columns; beams; braces; Trusses/Rafters; Structural bolts; nuts & washers; Erection plan reading.
Material hoists cantilevered - Erection & Dismantling procedure inline with manufacturer’s specifications; AS 1418.7.
Placement of Pre - cast concrete
- Relevant procedures and techniques.
Safety Nets and Static Lines
- AS 1891.2, B.S. 3913 & B.S. 8903; WorkSafe Code of Practice for Prevention of Falls from Heights.
Perimeter Safety Screens & Shutters - Erection & Dismantling; Regs 117 (12) Procedures & Techniques; AS 4389 (Safety Mesh).
- Erect steel frame building using prepared plan; tools & equipment and demonstrate safe work at heights; Rig Purchase System using F.S.W.R. & Tirfor, Rig Tackle Block & I.D. Components.
A statement of attainment for module UEPOPS212A will be issued upon successful completion of the course in addition to a WorkSafe 60 day interim notice of assessment.